Saturday, January 22, 2011

Downey Jr. drops "oz."


Posted by Anthonyon 20. 01 2011in News Chat

I guess the truth is that Robert Downey Jr. is very very strong demand for these days. Between shooting that Iron Man, Avengers and Sherlock Holmes, it was the front runner to play the infamous "wizard" in the Sam Raimi film prequel to the wizard of Oz looks like "things changed…." "AICN is reports it aborts the role.

Aint it Cool News via The Hollywood reporter

… Robert Downey Jr. has "fallen out" of OZ, the grand and powerful - made Sam Raimi pseudo-prequel detailing how the man who would become "The Wizard" got to Oz and (probably) become the wizard.

Disney/Raimi/Etc. are now said negotiations with Johnny Depp in the role. That seems totally fine casting, although perhaps a little too uninspired and obvious.

I grew to appreciate Robert Downey Jr. as a player and have been looking forward to many of these films, with what was announced to participate, but I can't help but admit that I also was strongly disappointed by those he has chosen to abandon this film and its re-team with Favreau for Cowboys and aliens. It's a hard pill for me to swallow my mind is already beginning to imagine its excellent performance in a memorable movie and I really think that Johnny Depp is a fitting replacement. Johnny Depp is a fantastic actor and I am sure that he could do a fine job in the role, it is more that it is simply not the performance, I was expecting, and takes really a lot of wind in the sails of this film for me.

Artigos Relacionados

0 comments:

Post a Comment